Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Update

So its been a while since i've updated this...sorry i'm not very good at that.

Anyway we have about 5 and a half weeks left here which is surprising how fast it has gone by now. At times it crawled by but now we have less than 40 days! We are fully into our field study and that is going well I'm enjoying both of work at the Nansen center and the county council, very informative however i'm not exactly sure what i'll be writing about yet...
My other major paper is my case study which I am actually really enjoying researching and hoping this will be able to help me for my capstone next fall and that paper is due in two weeks so hopefully it will go well. As I said not much is going on over here. It snowed two days before Halloween, and while I'm used to having wet Halloweens I have never had a white one. Halloween is definitely something that is very different over here, not many people decorate or go trick or treating however they do like to dress up and their are a lot of parties especially since it was on a weekend this year.

The only other interesting thing going on is viewing the election from over here. Everyone is ecstatic that Obama won. While he is our President-elect now and will have my respect I still hold many reservations about him which makes me in a one person minority over here. Thats fine with me but its still hard sometimes. I guess we'll see how things go but I have found it facinating how truly invested people from all over the world are in the U.S election. It has made me appreciate my ability to vote in that election.

I guess thats really all I have for now I'll try to update a little more between now and when I leave but like i said I don't really have much to report on right now...

1 comment:

Gayle said...

Hi Emily,

Your mom is so excited about your coming home!
Sounds like you have had a great time. Don't worry about being a minority in the political scene. It is important to voice your opinion. God is in charge anyway. The Bible says He directs the hearts and minds of kings.
Anyway, I love reading your blog. Take care and have a safe journey home.
Love,
Gayle