Saturday, October 11, 2008

Hillary and Jeff's visit

Sorry I haven't updated in a while, not too much was going on and then a whole bunch of things happened at once.
The first thing was that Hillary and Jeff came to visit me here! They got to Norway on Sunday and through Wednesday morning they were on Norway in a nutshell. Wednesday morning I picked them up at the Hamar train station and brought them back to my apartment. Wednesday for the most part we just hung out and I showed them where I live, go to school and a little bit of the town. the weather wasn't great the first or the second day so it was hard to show them how pretty it was when we were walking around on Wednesday. Thursday I had class all day so they had to fend for themselves. Friday we decided to go see some of the things in Hamar I hadn't really seen yet. However since I hadn't been there before and we didn't have a clear idea of where we were going or a good map we pretty much just walked around Hamar and eventually ended up at the train museum which Jeff had wanted to go to. Most of the touristy things close in early September as we had found out and even though we got to walk through the museum it wasn't as it would have been if it were during the summer. The rest of the day we hung out, they made dinner for me and Makara and it was delicious :D, because i had cooked on Wednesday evening, theirs was better though. Saturday we went down to Oslo and looked at some of the main tourist attraction there such as the royal palace, a couple of museums and Vigeland sculpture park, which is one of the most famous places in Norway. We had dinner and I got the 7:30 train back to Hamar so they could catch their flight the next morning.
It was hard to say goodbye since I haven't really been able to talk to them while i'm over here except on facebook, but I really enjoyed their visit and it made it easier on me to have family visit in the middle of the trip. It gave me something to look forward too when adjusting here the first month or so was difficult. It made it easier to say goodbye, even though i was sad to see them go, was that my mom would be coming in less than a week and we were going to go to Venice for my break.
My blog about Venice and my mom visiting will be in a few different segments so you may read them as you wish :)

No comments: